Network connections disappear

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nilsgrund

Network connections disappear

Post by *nilsgrund »

Running Windows 10 TC run as administrator.
When I add network connections they sometimes disappear (after reboot mostly often).
The icons used to be there even if drives where not available or mapped in windows.
Now I have to re-map all the drives again after reboot.

If I map drives in windows they do show up automagically.
CoolWater
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *CoolWater »

2nilsgrund

Network shares created by users with elevated rights are handled differently from normal users. This has nothing to do with TC. This is a windows "feature".

If you want to use shares, created by elevated users, in non-elevated mode or vice versa, then just save the following code as reg file and execute it:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLinkedConnections"=dword:00000001
After that, reboot your machine. Then you are able to create network shares in Explorer and access them via elevated TC.

HTH
CoolWater
Jon Canale

Post by *Jon Canale »

Not sure if this is the same kind of topic. Running Win7-64 Enterprise and now TC 32-9.0a_rc3. Normally when I reboot when off-network, my mapped drives are kept, but a red x shows in the dropdown drive list in TC. Then I run the vpn client to log remotely into the network, and then from the TC button bar, run a batch file to remap those drives. Red x's disappeared and I could access those drives. Not sure if this is from 9.0a_rc3, but I just did all of those steps but the red x still shows, but I can access the drives. On a couple of those remote drives, the red x disappears after I access the drive, but on a couple of others the red x still shows even though I accessed the drive.

I this something with rc3? I've done this for years and it always worked until just now.

Maybe I just found it? In rc3 changes, "LoadDriveIconsInBackground=0" must not be set in Configuration to get the former operation??
masterwishx

Re:

Post by *masterwishx »

Thanks its helped to me

CoolWater wrote: 2016-12-07, 13:57 UTC 2nilsgrund

Network shares created by users with elevated rights are handled differently from normal users. This has nothing to do with TC. This is a windows "feature".

If you want to use shares, created by elevated users, in non-elevated mode or vice versa, then just save the following code as reg file and execute it:

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"EnableLinkedConnections"=dword:00000001
After that, reboot your machine. Then you are able to create network shares in Explorer and access them via elevated TC.

HTH
CoolWater