Multi-Rename broken

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

Post Reply
jcelle
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 2006-11-08, 14:42 UTC

Multi-Rename broken

Post by *jcelle » 2018-08-13, 10:01 UTC

Today I am seeing this bug in TC 9.20 up to TC 9.21 RC3.
I hope I can attach a screenshot after having posted this first message...

User avatar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38116
Joined: 2003-02-04, 09:46 UTC
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Multi-Rename broken

Post by *ghisler(Author) » 2018-08-13, 10:46 UTC

I don't have any problems using Multi-Rename. What error do you get?
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com

jcelle
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 2006-11-08, 14:42 UTC

Re: Multi-Rename broken

Post by *jcelle » 2018-08-13, 13:12 UTC

I have a problem using the filename mask on a list of files (15 of them) all beginning with this string : "[ www.T9.pe ] "
If I use mask = [N15-] then I get some random changes in the "new name" column: only few files show the correct transformation.
Most of them are now starting at ".pe ] ".

I also tried to search "[ www.T9.pe ] " and replace it with <Clear> but get also some random wrong results.

If I could post a screenshot with options and results that could help.

I am using windows 10 x64, files are on a USB Western Digital disk.

jcelle
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 2006-11-08, 14:42 UTC

Re: Multi-Rename broken

Post by *jcelle » 2018-08-13, 13:19 UTC

I think I am starting to get it : these are not files but directories, so the Extension field is messing with my names having a '.'

jcelle
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 23
Joined: 2006-11-08, 14:42 UTC

Re: Multi-Rename broken

Post by *jcelle » 2018-08-13, 13:28 UTC

Yes this is solved: it looks like Multi Rename [N#-#] is tricked when the files or directories contain many '.' because of the extension [E].
I re-tried the search and replace making sure [N] and [E] were set as this (I did not have [N] in my previous attempts) and it is working as designed.

Post Reply