TC 9.5b13 - Folders date/time copying.

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Vi$oR

TC 9.5b13 - Folders date/time copying.

Post by *Vi$oR »

I have found one strange behavior during files copying. I have restored files from the Veeam Backup that can map remote backup to the folder on the disk so partial restoring is just a files copying from one folder to another. This process has one limitation - this backup can be unmapped after some time if there is no user activity in the backup application (copying by TC can be in progress).

After this unmapping I received error from the TC that source file is not accessible. After that I have found that TC created full directories structure in the destination location even for the folders that still was not copied and all these folders have time when copying was failed. After folder remapping and copying continue TC stopped to update folder date and time as it is copying to the existing empty folders.
Vi$oR

Re: TC 9.5b13 - Folders date/time copying.

Post by *Vi$oR »

It seems that I understood this behavior. TC is not stopping copying on the error, it is skipping inaccessible files and trying to continue. In my case all files are not available but TC should create folder before copying and TC is not deleting these folders if nothing was copied.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, that's correct. If you don't want that it skips files, you can put
SkippedFileCopy=0
in wincmd.ini under [Configuration].
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Vi$oR

Post by *Vi$oR »

Incorrect dates for my uncommon case is very small fee for the great copy behavior with SkippedFileCopy=1. Anyway I was able to write small program to sync folders dates.