b1: visible area moving while adding files and one file is highlighted

The behaviour described in the bug report is either by design, or would be far too complex/time-consuming to be changed

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

scegg

b1: visible area moving while adding files and one file is highlighted

Post by *scegg »

Hi.

I have a folder with around 200 files. After I click one (not in red), start to copy multiple files into this folder not using TC, drag the scroll bar to another place not including the one clicked, the visible area moving strangely along with new files adding to this folder.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: b1: visible area moving while adding files and one file is highlighted

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

If you use the functions to react to directory changes, TC will add files copied to a displayed directory to the list. This can cause also scrolling of the list depending on where the files are added.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2scegg
Try if enabling or disabling the setting: "Configuration" -> "Options..." -> "Refresh" -> "Put added files at the END of the file list (default: sorted)" helps you with the problem.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
scegg

Post by *scegg »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2021-03-16, 20:59 UTC If you use the functions to react to directory changes, TC will add files copied to a displayed directory to the list. This can cause also scrolling of the list depending on where the files are added.
Hi. I know this function. The strange thing is it scroll to a place that displays nothing changed, not the new added files, nor the clicked one.