Right click context menu on USB crashes Total Commander

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Partial

Right click context menu on USB crashes Total Commander

Post by *Partial »

I have not checked this bug on various drives yet, but it's fairly consistent. Looks like follows (reproduced on 7.55a, 7.56a):

1) I have USB removable drive (USB HDD) connected and start Total Commander.

2) After starting Total Commander, I select my USB-HDD drive on one panel.

3) I click on blank field of the USB-HDD panel (where files listed, but not on one of files or directories, but below them on blank white field) with purpose to pop-up Windows Explorer context menu (where you have option to create new file or directory, copy, paste, etc). Total Commander crashes (hangs and does not respond to mouse or keyboard)

- If however before trying to pop-up Explorer context menu on USB-HDD, I will do this on my fixed drive (i.e. C:\), then everything works normal.
In other words - I have to start Total Commander, make one right click on fixed drive, close context menu, change drive to USB-HDD drive, make right click there, and Explorer context menu pops-up fine.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

ShellExView to the rescue, I guess.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, please make a forum search for ShellExView and follow the instructions. It would be nice if you let us know which shell extension causes the problems. Sometimes it's sufficient to disable and re-enable all third party extensions to fix a registry bug (strings without terminating zeroes).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com