webdav how to use it?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

epaminonda27@yahoo.it

webdav how to use it?

Post by *epaminonda27@yahoo.it »

good morning
I'm trying to establish a connection between the PC and the smartphone through webdav.
I installed all the plug-ins both on the PC and on smartphones. (webdav - lan - wifi)
if I want to transfer from smartphone I can, through qr-code, but how do I transfer from pc?
what parameters should I enter.
thank you
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: webdav how to use it?

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There is no WebDAV server on PC by default. You can either install a third party server software, or use the PC as client - you can upload and download with the phone as the server.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
epaminonda27@yahoo.it

I would need just what you say, use the PC as a client and the phone as a server.
since I am not an expert, is there a FAQ or a specific guide in order to use the right syntax?

I also tried to use the plugin lan / smb but you can not connect to the laptop in wifi and with Windows 10 installed.
I read around that win 10 creates problems with the connection via LAN, is there a way to solve?
I inserted ip and the shared folder like this:
192.168.1.6/cartella_condivisa
he asks me to enter user and password, but I did not enter any password on the laptop
Where am I doing wrong?

thank you
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I would need just what you say, use the PC as a client and the phone as a server.
since I am not an expert, is there a FAQ or a specific guide in order to use the right syntax?
Use my WiFi/WLAN plugin on the phone. To share folders, you can select them in Total Commander, then tap on the copy button at the bottom and choose "via WiFi". Uploads are only possible to shared subfolders.
I also tried to use the plugin lan / smb but you can not connect to the laptop in wifi and with Windows 10 installed.
I read around that win 10 creates problems with the connection via LAN, is there a way to solve?
I inserted ip and the shared folder like this:
192.168.1.6/cartella_condivisa
he asks me to enter user and password, but I did not enter any password on the laptop
Where am I doing wrong?
You need to set a password, otherwise Windows will refuse remote access to the share.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
epaminonda27@yahoo.it

done, lan / smb now works perfectly.
You are always the best.
thanks Ghisler