Issues with "Properties" - mixing size/date of fil

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Slavic

Issues with "Properties" - mixing size/date of fil

Post by *Slavic »

Mixing the size and date/time when one file is selected by tick and another one is or has been marked
This bug is a bit tricky to catch, let me show an example. First, add the Properties button to the screen.
In the directory /sdcard/download I have 2 previous versions of TC installation: tc_b6.apk and tc_b7.apk. When we select one file with tick, then use the button Properties or set a marker on this file, then Properties, all is OK. But when we tick the first file, then set the marker on second file, and press Properties button, it shows the size of the ticked file but date/time of the file with marker. When we press the "Back" device button, marker disappears, but its previous position is stored and will be used again (!). So, if we press Properties button again, we will see again the size of first file selected by tick and date/time of second file which has been selected before.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This is NOT a bug. When you select one or more files, and then open the properties on another file, Total Commander shows the total size of all the selected files. However, since there is usually no common time stamp, it shows the timestamp of the file under the cursor when you opened the menu. This allows to apply a specific timestamp of a file to all selected files.

What would you suggest? For example, I could remove the "Properties" menu item when there are selected files and the user opens the context menu over a file which is not selected. Other ideas?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Slavic

Post by *Slavic »

I think it's a good idea. Another possible option is to show the date/time of the first (most closer to the top) file in the selection; this may be a bit more hard to implement - need to check the current sorting order, but more intuitive for user. Anyway the ambiguity will be resolved.