Network folder

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

davide.porcelli

Network folder

Post by *davide.porcelli »

Hi all
on my tablet with honeycomb 3.1, whenever I try to connect a network folder I receive an error message:
"Failed to connect: 0.0.0.0<00>/192.168.1.3"
An Server name I used 192.168.1.3 with no shared folder, and my username and pwd on the NAS.
I tried to connect to the same server via my phone with Android 2.3.4 and it worked without any problem.

I tried to connect from my tablet with another program and it worked, therefore I'm assuming it's nothing related to the device or network issue.
Thank You in advance for the help
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Hmm, no idea - the error means that the tablet could not even reach the IP address.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sylas11

Re: Network folder

Post by *sylas11 »

Exactly the same errors (of course, with my devices IPs) on my tablet running Honeycomb 3.0... I tried many different ways to configure connection (IP/name, w/wo password, w/wo shares etc, for several servers), no success. Other programs connect without any problems. FTP plugin is running fine.

And one more thing - the setting 'using main password' is always re-enabled when I go back to the connection settings, even if I uncheck it initially.

Nevertheless it looks like TC is going to be the best file manager for Android :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

It's possible that the NAS doesn't allow connections to the list of shares. Try to connect directly to a share, by specifying server/share
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com