request: manual switching of horizontal/vertical screen mode

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

asdfx

request: manual switching of horizontal/vertical screen mode

Post by *asdfx »

Could you add a way to somehow manually switch the app to horizontal mode?

I have disabled the "Auto-rotate screen" feature on my phone and would prefer to control the screen mode of TC myself (via configuration settings or a button somewhere..), but currently there seems to be no way of manually turning on the horizontal layout in TC if auto-rotate is not enabled.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I couldn't find a reliable way to rotate the screen manually, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
asdfx

Post by *asdfx »

I did a quick google search myself on how to do this and to my surprise it really did not immediately return any good solutions, but I still believe it should be possible.

For example, the FBReader app has this feature - if auto rotate gets disabled in the settings of the app itself, a new menu option appears called "Rotate screen" and it does this on demand.

I looked at the source code of FBReader and it looks like it is calling setRequestedOrientation() which seems to be a method of the Activity class. I am not familiar with writing apps for Android though, so I cannot say wether this would help or is even relevant in any way.