1.0 rc5 unrar didn't work .

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sweetbox

1.0 rc5 unrar didn't work .

Post by *sweetbox »

It's the main work out of other file browsers.
But I just unrar as usual and it just scoll up ,not go into rar files before that you can choose to unrar.

please check it out.
sweetbox

Post by *sweetbox »

ok,
sorry for some mistakes.

It's actually a bug under certain situation.

That is when you push total commander to /system/app to act as a system app.
Then it looses its unrar function .

I used total commander to integrate as a system nand backup for its awesome fully unrar function.(the only one in android phones now)

It happened on rc5 and rc4.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC uses the libtcunrar.so library for unpacking RAR. Maybe it cannot find that file when installed to /system/app? Did you include it at all?

The libary is loaded like this:

Code: Select all

public UnRARjniLib() {
   		System.loadLibrary("tcunrar");
    }
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Yuccaman

Post by *Yuccaman »

No idea if this will help, but when I wanted to move an APK into the System folder when flashing a new ROM, and subsequently that APK would not work properly, I was told that any libs contained in the apk file had to be copied into the /system/lib folder.

I note that the TC apk does have a lib folder of its own so I would suggest copying those lib files separately to /system/lib and see if that works.....

If it doesn't, that's the only suggestion I have to offer :)
sweetbox

Post by *sweetbox »

Yuccaman wrote:No idea if this will help, but when I wanted to move an APK into the System folder when flashing a new ROM, and subsequently that APK would not work properly, I was told that any libs contained in the apk file had to be copied into the /system/lib folder.

I note that the TC apk does have a lib folder of its own so I would suggest copying those lib files separately to /system/lib and see if that works.....

If it doesn't, that's the only suggestion I have to offer :)
yes,it worked.

There are two files missing after push to system/app in the /data/data/ com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander/lib.( libtcnative.so & libtcunrar.so)

Keep the files and copy back ,set right permission,it works again

So,is there a way to keep in the apk file and release libs as first run if not in the way of installing?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

So,is there a way to keep in the apk file and release libs as first run if not in the way of installing?
No, why would this be needed?
sweetbox

Post by *sweetbox »

ghisler(Author) wrote:
No, why would this be needed?
Oh,I just think normally when the apk files pushed to /system/app,they can be working without problems,not loosing lib files in data/data/lib.

But TC lost its working lib files.Maybe not in a proper way packing lib?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I guess that these other programs just don't use any native code. That's how Android works, it unpacks the libs from the apk at installation time. They cannot be used while inside the .apk. Why? Android is based on Linux, and the libs are just normal C libraries. APK files are renamed ZIP archives. Libraries cannot be loaded from inside a ZIP.