TC is not visible in GooglePlay on RoverPad 3w10.4

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

TC is not visible in GooglePlay on RoverPad 3w10.4

Post by *Flint »

A user asked me to report this. I don't have an Android device and therefore cannot test it myself.

Total Commander is not visible in GooglePlay on RoverPad 3w10.4 (Ployer MOMO15), though the TC plugins are present there. The device has ARM Cortex A8 CPU and Android 4.0.3 installed.

On another tablet (archos 101 g9 8 gb turbo 1.5) TC is shown in GooglePlay fine, as well as on LG GT 540 Optimus and Samsung Galaxy S i9001Plus smartphones.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I just checked in the Google Play store. It shows this about restrictions:
Supported Devices
[Learn More]
This application is only available to devices with these features, as defined in your application manifest.
Screen layouts: SMALL NORMAL LARGE XLARGE
Required device features
android.hardware.bluetooth
android.hardware.touchscreen
This application is available to over 1383 devices.
I could not find a manufacturer "Rover" or "RoverPad" in the list of supported devices. The following unknown devices are listed as unsupported:
Unsupported devices due to your manifest settings
sdk(generic)
unknown(D01E)
unknown(crane-aino)
unknown(crane-evb)
unknown(crane-genesis)
unknown(crane-h5)
unknown(crane-m1003h6)
unknown(crane-m801h6)
unknown(crane-m802h6)
unknown(crane-m868a-tv20-1024x768)
unknown(crane-m97ft5x)
unknown(crane-n707h6)
unknown(crane-n708h6)
unknown(crane-p76ti)
unknown(goldfish)
unknown(huashan)
unknown(magic)
unknown(npm701)
unknown(npm702)
unknown(nuclear-evb)
unknown(taurus)
unknown(zt180)
Any ideas? Do you know whether the RoverPad is some rebranded device? If yes, what manufacturer?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author)
That user tells that his device is "crane-evb". Is there any way we could find out the reason of its presence in the unsupported list?
ghisler(Author) wrote:Do you know whether the RoverPad is some rebranded device? If yes, what manufacturer?
It seems that "Ployer MOMO15" is the original name of the device ("Ployer" is the manufacturer name).

Maybe it will help to compare the restrictions of TC with those of the TC plugins? Since the plugins are visible on this device their restrictions seem to be lesser than of TC itself.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does it have Bluetooth? I guess that it has a touchscreen, so this would be the only restriction which could be causing this.

Regarding Bluetooth, there seems to be a bug in Google Play: The requirement for Bluetooth seems to be caused by these two lines in my Manifest file:

Code: Select all

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN" />
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH" />
According to the SDK docs, I just need to put

<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.bluetooth" required="false" />
in the manifest to turn off this requirement. However, Google Play still shows this requirement although I have this line in the manifest.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author)
At the moment the device is unavailable for the direct check, but specifications in the Internet tell that there is indeed no Bluetooth support. Tomorrow that user will check it for sure on the tablet itself.
ghisler(Author) wrote:However, Google Play still shows this requirement although I have this line in the manifest.
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Android SDK, but just a raw idea: maybe GooglePlay sees that Bluetooth functions are used by TC and that's why it enforces this restriction? Maybe there are some special declarations needed to be specified to indicate that these functions are used only optionally?

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have tested this theory with the LAN plugin, which doesn't call any Bluetooth functions at all:

After adding the lines

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH_ADMIN" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.BLUETOOTH" />	
<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.bluetooth" required="false" />
To the manifest and re-uploading the plugin, Google Play warns that the plugin will be restricted to devices with Bluetooth built in. Therefore it's clearly a bug in Google Play.