[Feature Request] better open image/icon file procedure

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dracodoc

[Feature Request] better open image/icon file procedure

Post by *dracodoc »

Currently, if I want to select an icon file in SD card when editing button properties, I need to browse the SD card from root every time.

In PC I usually copy full file path to clipboard then paste it to file browsing dialog, the beauty of this method is it can be used for almost all applications.

I'm thinking 2 kinds of similar methods for select file, which should not limit to select icon file for button, but everywhere in TC android if needed:
1. press and hold a file, copy full path from menu. Or use existing internal command button of copy full name.
add an input field in browsing file dialog, better with a paste button too, so user can click it one time instead of click into input field, press hold and paste.

2. define an internal command "put file/folder to list", either use it by button or press hold menu item.

show the list in browsing file dialog, user can click any item in list to select the file.

The list is a list of files/folders, which should be permanent through sessions, have an interface to edit/remove the list, maybe even can save/load lists.

Or put it another way, the list is just a temporary bookmark list. It is better not to mixed with permanent bookmarks/favorite list.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Copying the file name(s) to the clipboard would indeed be a good idea, thanks for the suggestion!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com