LAN Plugin for Total Commander on Android not working anymor

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Tippfehler

Re: LAN Plugin for Total Commander on Android not working anymor

Post by *Tippfehler »

TC Lan Plugin v3.09 (from Google Play - version on TC's homepage is 3.08, btw) -
when accessing shares on my Win7 PC (smb2) I consistently had a session timeout problem (I guess, didn't check the specifics).

Symptom: I log in to a share, exchange some files, then do something else on Android (while still logged on in the background, I presume). On switching back to Total Commander & hitting "refresh" (or copying some more files, or attempting to change directories) TC pops up its little progress window with some message ... and we wait ... and wait ... until finally - error, I don't remember which.

All it took to get around this was to close TC (X in the top right corner) after it had finished its first task, and log in again for the next task a few minutes later, rinse and repeat. No problem then.

Unfortunately, this Windows machine has just died (the true death, heartware failure), so it can't provide further details. :cry:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Which device to you have? Especially the devices from Chinese companies like Lenovo, Huawei, or Xiaomi treat plugins as background services (although I use a foreground service!) and kill them or put them to sleep after a certain time.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Skinny

Post by *Skinny »

Hello, in my case, I have to disable all firewall to be able to connect to admin shares on my w10 machine from my phone. Any idea what i shoudl allow in the firewall parameters ?

many thanks

Silvio
Tippfehler

Post by *Tippfehler »

ghisler(Author) wrote: 2019-10-28, 13:55 UTC Which device to you have?
We already know each other, see
https://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51644&start=90#p361060
Device specs:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S / SM-T700, Android 6.0.1 (Cyanogenmod 13)

This
when accessing shares on my Win7 PC (smb2) I consistently had a session timeout problem (I guess...)
I log in to a share, exchange some files, then do something else on Android (while still logged on in the background, I presume). On switching back ...TC pops up its little progress window with some message ... and we wait ... and wait ... until finally - error.

All it took to get around this was to close TC (X in the top right corner) after it had finished its first task, and log in again for the next task a few minutes later... No problem then.
only started happening lately - either it was something in the 3.09 LAN plugin update, or it may have been an early symptom of the Windows machine developing problems; but there were zero issues Windows<->Windows, so... :|

No problems of this kind with SMBv1 connections (to my Linux router, for instance), only with SMBv2/Windows 7.
Tippfehler

Post by *Tippfehler »

It just happened again (with a different Win7 PC) - but only once. Now I can't reproduce it, though I try.

If I get further info from Wireshark on this, I'll post it here.
pirios

Post by *pirios »

UAC settings under Windows must be turned off for this plugin to work properly (it helped me).

I use it via Windows 7 Pro 64bit. If I turn on UAC, it displays ACCESS DENIED 3221225506.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, UAC doesn't normally need to be disabled.
It sounds like you shared a folder for one user but tried to login with another, so the login returned "ACCESS DENIED".
pirios

Post by *pirios »

The account has administrator privileges (member of Administrators Group). After entering the password, all $volumes will be displayed. But there is no access to them. If I turn off UAC, it works. The machine has allowed Secondary logon and Remote access. The UAC system is generally problematic, many programs cannot work with it. For example - Firefox is constantly changing features, and because of UAC it works once and not once. Can't transfer URL shortcut to Tcmd or desktop (drag&drop technique). But this is already offtopic ;)

Working perfectly on Andorid 8.1 that connects to machine with Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit with UAC off.

An unlimited number of logged-in users is allowed.
mr_aleks

Post by *mr_aleks »

Как и ранее захожу на компьютер с помощью логина и пароля, отображаются админские общие папки но почему если я зайду в любую из них получаю ошибку "STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (3221225506)". Why? I haven't used this plugin for a long time, but it worked so well before.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Russian text says the following according to Google:
As before, I go to the computer using my login and password, the admin shared folders are displayed, but why if I go to any of them I get an error
The problem is the admin shares with the $ in the name: They can only be accessed by special admin accounts. Instead, please share one or more folders or drives yourself on the target PC, then you can also access them via my plugin.
mr_aleks

Post by *mr_aleks »

Everything works as before, you just had to open the admin shares in the registry after reinstalling the OS.
https://help.pdq.com/hc/en-us/articles/220533007-Can-t-access-ADMIN-share-using-a-local-user-or-LAPS-account