Just started using Paragon root mounter + total commander now getting write errors

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Deflect08

Just started using Paragon root mounter + total commander now getting write errors

Post by *Deflect08 »

I am using a Galaxy S7 and I had no problems transferring video files from between 800 mb to 5 gb from my phone to my external HDD. Except for some reason since last night I keep getting write errors no matter how big or small the file size. Transferring will start then either stall or an error message will appear. Any help and clairification would be much appreciated.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just started using Paragon root mounter + total commander now getting write errors

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Apparently TC is getting write errors from the file system calls. You should try to ask paragon, or use their NTFS plugin for TC instead.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Deflect08

Re: Just started using Paragon root mounter + total commander now getting write errors

Post by *Deflect08 »

If i try to tansfer fikes directly using the NTFS plugin it still goes to error and will not transfer.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Maybe it fails because both Paragon root mounter and the Paragon plugin try to access the drive?
Or the plugin cannot handle some unknown data on the NTFS drive.

Btw, from where are you trying to copy the data? The paragon plugin cannot copy from virtual paths like \\\_SDCard but will work from file system paths like /storage/emulated/0 or /storage/1234-5678
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com