Configuration window header label gap

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

sztihamer

Configuration window header label gap

Post by *sztihamer »

Today I noticed something interesting in the 64bit version of Total Commander, that has been present since 8.00β1. To reproduce it just launch Total Commander and bring up the configuration window.

Here's a .GIF that illustrates the bug. I know it's not serious, it's just a little cosmetic thing, but thought I might mention it just in case. If it's by design please ignore the post and feel free to move the topic.

Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/01C6J.gif

Also the "Show button bar" checkbox seems to be a little bit lower on the 64bit version. If these are intentional just leave everything unchanged. Total Commander is still functional with these minor glitches.
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

TC's UI is full of these glitches. And now with TCx64 there are even differences between TCx32 and TCx64. I had been pointing out such "bugs" in the past and some of them got even fixed, but there are just too many of them, so I stopped.

And to your picture - where should we be looking first? The mentioned gap in the top right corner? Or the icon in the left one? Or different spacing between elements in GroupBoxes? I guess it's the different padding of the whole dialog - that explains both upper and lower right corners.

BTW, if you want to see a really buggy dialog, open the "Change start menu" editor and start resizing it. Other dialogs have similar issues.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

I thought that I highlighted the area clearly with the red rectangle. The "Change start menu is broken both in the 32 and 64bit versions. The Configuration windows cannot be resized, and other sensitive ones should have the same property.

Anyway the gap in the top right corner where the red rectangle is it can be easily fixed just by a tiny resize in the form properties. It's just a few pixels I guess...
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

I thought that I highlighted the area clearly with the red rectangle.
I saw it, that's why I wrote "The mentioned gap in the top right corner". But as you can see, the same gap is in the right down corner between the right-most button and dialog's border. That's what I meant by different padding. But whatever, maybe it will be fixed, maybe not (there are many longstanding issues that need to be fixed). Good luck. :)
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Does it really matter when the title bar is 1 pixel smaller or wider? The Delphi and Lazarus controls aren't 100% identical, they can't just steal the code from Delphi...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
sztihamer

Post by *sztihamer »

Is this another Lazarus control? I'm confused now. Here's another screenshot.
http://i.imgur.com/bUV6w.png
I'm not talking about the title bar with the diskette icon, I'm talking about the blue bar with the "Layout" text. If that's still a Lazarus control then the width of the entire window can be reduced by a few pixels.

Centering the blue text box would be easy, and that way there's no need to mess with the Lazarus stuff.