Double folders in the list

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

aamshukov

Double folders in the list

Post by *aamshukov »

Hi, I am experiencing strange behavior while listing folders if a root is a mount point. For example, if I have mount point as c:\mp and subcontent is Root\Dataset, navigating to c:\mp gives the following:
Root
Root

while the windows explorer or DIR gives correct values (one Root). I intercepted the enumerate directory call from explorer and TC and sequence is quite different. Any ideas how TC enumerates directories?
To expose the file system I am using a CBFS library, any experience with that and TC?

Thank you in advance,

Arthur
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I'm experiencing similar problems. From time to time directory names of symbolic links are listed as first item in the list. This link which doesn't exist at this place is even used in calls to content plugins so it seems it's considered as existing dir by TC. Very odd.

I'm using TC 64bit, 8.01.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, I do not understand the problem. I do not have problems with junctions and mount points here, and I use them regularly to move rarely used large folders from c: (SSD) to my harddisk. Can you describe (step by step) what I need to do to reproduce the problem, please?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

I tried to find the reason but failed so far. It seems it's not caused by watchdirs as I have disabled it temporarily and it still happens really often.

Could someone create a symbolic link to a network drive in root of C: and just navigate and observe if there is an invalid item at the top of the list?

This thread should be moved to bugs.
Last edited by Lefteous on 2012-10-25, 05:12 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

[mod]Moved to Bugs forum.

White (moderator)
[/mod]
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Which Windows version on the client, and what about the server to which you are linking?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com