Selection bug with directories

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Loren Pechtel

Selection bug with directories

Post by *Loren Pechtel »

(It's quite possible this is more extensive than I'm reporting. I haven't tried to explore the limits of the bug.)

Win 7 Ultimate/64, 64-bit version of TC.

1) Select a group of directories.

2) Deselect one or more of the directories.

3) Hold shift and click the selected directories. (This was an attempt to drag them. The error occurs without actually performing the drag, though.)

4) Oops--the deselected directories are now selected.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

To move via drag, you must hold Shift after starting drag, not before. When you do a click while Shift pressed, it is a select operation (TC selects band between previous cursor position and the clicked one), click happens before dragging so there is no way to guess that drag will be performed and not just a click.

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=255848#255848
Loren Pechtel

Post by *Loren Pechtel »

MVV wrote:To move via drag, you must hold Shift after starting drag, not before. When you do a click while Shift pressed, it is a select operation (TC selects band between previous cursor position and the clicked one), click happens before dragging so there is no way to guess that drag will be performed and not just a click.

http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=255848#255848
Ok, I'm doing it wrong so that's why nobody else has noticed it.

I also find the bug isn't exactly as described when there is a gap in the list. It's still errantly selecting directories at that point, though--it appears to be from the cursor to the last directory you deselected.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It is normal Windows behaviour: when you have focused file #1 and do Shift+Click onto file #2, band between files #1 and #2 becomes selected.
Loren Pechtel

Post by *Loren Pechtel »

MVV wrote:It is normal Windows behaviour: when you have focused file #1 and do Shift+Click onto file #2, band between files #1 and #2 becomes selected.
Ok--but it doesn't show the focus so it doesn't look right.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

In both TC and Explorer one file always have focus rectangle (if this window is active). :)