Errors when copying files to NAS

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

alexinquest

Errors when copying files to NAS

Post by *alexinquest »

I get errors when copying files (F5, in background) from my PC (Windows 7 32bit) to a NAS device (D-Link, DNS-320 with 2 GB hard drive in it). The errors are only discovered after doing a "compare by content" routine under folder synchronization. About 30% or so of files are corrupt, contain errors.

The same happens with a USB external hard drive connected to a USB port on the router (TP-Link) on my network.

However, if the above files are copied via Windows Explorer the above errors do not occur.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Which TC version do you use? Which copy method do you use in TC? Do you have Antivirus and/or firewall software installed? If so, did you try to copy files with the Antivirus and/or firewall software disabled?

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
alexinquest

Post by *alexinquest »

I use the latest version of TC. Updating to the latest version from 7.56 did not change the behavior.

I don't use antivirus. Disabling the built-in windows firewall did not change anything.

I use standard copy method: source in one panel, destination in another, then select, F5 and F2 for background.

One correction to previous post: not 30% of files have errors, but maybe around 5 % or less. These are pictures and videos that i'm trying to back up to NAS, and the copied pictures with errors would have, say, half a picture missing, or wrong colors. etc.

File size, date, time are correct. The errors are only discovered after "by contect" check.

Thanks, appreciate your help.
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

alexinquest wrote:I use standard copy method: source in one panel, destination in another, then select, F5 and F2 for background.
That's not what I meant. I mean the copy method set in Configuration > Operation > Copy/Delete.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror