Briefly displaying Dropbox temporary files in active pane

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

commodore

Briefly displaying Dropbox temporary files in active pane

Post by *commodore »

I've just noticed that while Dropbox is syncing, Total Commander briefly displays its temporary files ("cryptic" alphanumeric filenames) in the currently active pane in TC.
At first I thought something was actually writing to that folder, then I realized it happens in any active pane/folder. It happens while downloading, and seems it's a recent thing (unless I didn't notice that before as it takes a combination of two things to actually pay attention to this: Dropbox has to be downloading one or more larger files (so that it takes a while to download), and you have to be using TC at that time).

-Total Commander 8.01 x64
-Dropbox 1.6.11
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

while Dropbox is syncing, Total Commander briefly displays its temporary files ("cryptic" alphanumeric filenames) in the currently active pane in TC.
Well, TC just shows what Dropbox is creating!
What is wrong with this?
#5767 Personal license
commodore

Post by *commodore »

Those were folders outside of Dropbox folder structure. Unless Dropbox is now creating temp files everywhere (i.e. wherever you have your TC's "cursor"), that's not the case.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC just shows what the system reports. TC tells the system to only watch the current left and right folders.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com