F3 (View) and Alt + Q (Quick View) behaves differently

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MarianD

F3 (View) and Alt + Q (Quick View) behaves differently

Post by *MarianD »

For some ZIP files (not only with suffix .zip, but also e.g. .jar) F3 behaves correctly, but Alt + Q shows immediately content of one of its packed files, as you can see on the header of the Quick View panel.

(I have more of that ZIP files, mainly executable .jar files.)

I discovered it while testing my lister plugin, and after some investigation I determined that even the ListLoadNext() function is not called after changing from another file to such ZIP file.

I deleted the wincmd.ini file (so no plugins were installed and no bad setting may interfere) and the internal viewer behaved the same.

Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of TC 8.01 have this bug. Tested in Windows 7 64-bit.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Maybe because of?
New in Version 3.02 (14.4.1997):
- CTRL+Q on archive shows contained file_id.diz, readme*, or *.txt (in this order)
MarianD

Post by *MarianD »

But in my case the Quick View shows file "ReaderResourceBundle.class" (from the executable .jar archive) and in other – also executable .jar file – it shows directly this file (as F3 do).

(Yes, in the second case is no file with this name.)

In the first case is interesting, that this file is located deeply in the directory structure of this .jar file – the full name of this file is

"TinyReminder.jar\sk\solidsoft\internationalization\ReaderResourceBundle.class"

and the header of Quick View panel shows only the name

"TinyReminder.jar/ReaderResourceBundle.class"

(with the forward slash). But in the first level of in this archive is no file, there are only 3 directories.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It seems that because of. :)
Actually TC looks for read*, not readme*. Recently it was a bit changed but not for your case:
21.03.10 Fixed: Ctrl+Q on archive: First look for string "readme", then "read" if not found. Don't show files where the extension starts with .com.exe.lnk.wav.mp.avi.bmp.gif.jp.png.tif.swf.flv.mov.wm
MarianD

Post by *MarianD »

Thank you for your explanation, so it is not the bug, as I supposed, but the intent. A pity for my plugin which wants to work with the file as a whole piece even in the Quick View panel. I have to implement some workaround.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

Anyway, I think it would be better to use fixed list of include extensions for such feature (e.g. diz,txt,rtf,doc,me etc) than list of exclude ones.