Unzipping mp3 files to media player

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JFierce7

Unzipping mp3 files to media player

Post by *JFierce7 »

Hi,
when I unzip a file with mp3 to a certain mp3 Player without drive letter, can only be reached via "My Computer" TC asks about elevated permissions.
Then it unpacks to the drive where the Zip file is located.
Example: Zip with mp3 is located in c:\temp and shall be unpacked to subfolder Music of the mp3 Player. The files will end up in c:\music.
Edit: Files always end up in c:\music, even if the zipped mp3 is situated on another drive.

It seems that copying files from HD works - most of the time, although it happened to me (not quite reproducable) that a single file was not copied at all. Strange Thing, because it worked as soon as I enabled logging.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The unpacker cannot unpack directly to protected directories, so TC unpacks them to TEMP first, and then moves them to the right location using the admin tool.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JFierce7

Post by *JFierce7 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:The unpacker cannot unpack directly to protected directories, so TC unpacks them to TEMP first,
Okay - I supposed it would be like that.
ghisler(Author) wrote:moves them to the right location using the admin tool.
No - it's not the "right location". The files end up on c: - and the admin tool shouldn't be necessary.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

It is strange that permissions are required to access to device... But if it is so, I think TC can't pass correct target path to TCMADMIN.