Invisible Cursor / Highlighter

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

risk

Invisible Cursor / Highlighter

Post by *risk »

Looks like this issue started around the time V8 came out. I'm now running 8.01 64-bit.

The cursor or file highlight disappears after some operations, deleting files for example. TC is not losing focus, in fact, as I move the cursor, it does move but the display is not refreshed to indicate where the cursor is.

To fix this, I hit [Tab] twice and the cursor is back.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Happens to me, too, though not sure I can confirm the "as I move the cursor, it does move but the display is not refreshed to indicate where the cursor is" part.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
risk

Post by *risk »

Hacker wrote:Happens to me, too, though not sure I can confirm the "as I move the cursor, it does move but the display is not refreshed to indicate where the cursor is" part.

Roman
Thanks. One way you might be able to confirm that the cursor moves, while still invisible, move up or down a number of files then F3, F4 or {Enter} to view, edit or launch. You'll see it the file picked corresponds to the cursor moves.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately I have never seen this problem although I'm using TC a lot - not only for test purposes.

Maybe it's a settings problem? Can you send me your wincmd.ini to support at ghisler dot com, please?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Commander_Fan

Folder views lose focus

Post by *Commander_Fan »

Similar things have happened to me ever since TotalCommander 7.x - possibly even earlier - and still do under TC 8.01 (both 32 and 64 bit).

I tend to use TC using my keyboard only. After copying (F5) or moving (F6) files from one window to the other, both windows regularly lose the focus/highlight and I can't carry out any more commands using my keyboard. The only thing that helps is resorting to my mouse and clicking into either window.

However, this does *not* happen *all the time*, which makes this bug even more bothering.

Any chance of getting this bug fixed?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Commander_Fan,
That would be a completely different issue - some application stealing focus from TC.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, my tests didn't reveal anything so far. If anyone can reliably reproduce this problem, then please send me step by step instructions (press this, click on that etc.) so I can reproduce it. Otherwise I will not be able to do anything about it, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com