Help file - missing/incorrect info about VistaDelete

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Help file - missing/incorrect info about VistaDelete

Post by *umbra »

According to the help file, VistaDelete is disabled by default. That is not true - it is enabled by default if the user uses Vista+ and hasn't disabled delete confirmation dialogs in Recycle bin properties. Also it does warn about non-empty directories.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

History.txt wrote:23.10.11 Added: Make VistaDelete=1 the default on Windows Vista or newer (32/64)

01.11.11 Fixed: Make VistaDelete=1 the default ONLY if the user hasn't disabled delete confirmation dialogs in Recycle bin properties (32/64)
so, check your Recycle bin properties.
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

I don't know what it has to do with my settings. I was referring to this:
TOTALCMD.CHM wrote:VistaDelete=0
If =1, use new delete method of Windows Vista or later to delete files to recycle bin. Moves entire directories instead of individual files to recycle bin. Warning: This method doesn't warn about read only, hidden or system files, or non-empty directories, just like the Explorer! Do not use if you have manually disabled the recycle bin on certain drives!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can set VistaDelete=1 manually to force it on even when the delete confirmation dialog is disabled in Recycle bin (which is unfortunately the default on Windows 8).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

I have a feeling that my post is not clear enough. So again:
I don't have any problem with VistaDelete. I know exactly how it works. I'm just reporting that the TC's helpfile contains incorrect info about it.