date displays only 2 digits in Synchronize Directory view

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

KlausB

date displays only 2 digits in Synchronize Directory view

Post by *KlausB »

I am using TC 8.01 (but it was the same on privious versions) on Win7 64bit

My prefered date format is YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm (but it happens on DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm as well!

In TC normal view everything is ok. but when calling - Commands - Synchonize Dirs... - and pressing <Compare> the year of the compared files is displayed only with 2-digits.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, the sync tool doesn't support 4 digit years because of the limited screen space.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Sob
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sob »

One could argue that 640x480 and the likes are history for quite some time. :) IMHO the smallest resolution anyone uses today for anything remotely serious would be 1024xsomething. I do myself sometimes and even at that - by today's standards tiny resolution - it would have no problem accomodating four extra digits.
KlausB

Post by *KlausB »

sorry sir - we live in 2013.

And even if someone would use an old Win95 or W2k0 PC he would have newer screens and video graphics adapter which allow a higher resolution.

In addition it would be possible to reduce the general format to YY-MM-DD

And if I use such an old PC I would not install the newest version of any software.

Klaus
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

I would suggest to use system's Short Date Format in this case. People having small monitors will set YYMMDD or whatever in their systems. Others will set YYYY-MM-DD in theirs. On 1920 resolution I have more space than I need :)