crashes when clicking "Befehle"

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ulif

crashes when clicking "Befehle"

Post by *ulif »

I am using Win7 home premium 64bit and Totalcommander 8.01 64 bit.
Total commander often (several times a day, but not always) crashes (Program closes without error message) when clicking "Befehle" in the menu (german language activated). Any suggestions?
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hello, ulif.

I am using the same environment, Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 64-bit plus Total Command 8.01 64-bit. And I have never experienced a crash when clicking on the menu item "Befehle" ("Commands").

You might try and launch Total Commander using an empty wincmd.ini (use the "/i=" parameter to specify a not yet existing inifile, no need to remove or overwrite your real wincmd.ini) and see whether clicking on "Befehle" ("Commands") will make T.C. close silently still.

Another idea is to replace the German menu files by the original files from the Total Commander installation package. Perhaps the German menu files on your disk have been partially corrupted somehow.

Third idea is to use Nir Sofer's Appcrashview next time when T.C. closes silently. Maybe Nir Sofer can reveal some details on what makes T.C. crash.

Kind regards,
Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song