Sort folders by time - Folder updating is stalled?

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

foxidrive

Sort folders by time - Folder updating is stalled?

Post by *foxidrive »

TC 8.01
Windows 8.1 32 bit

I view a folder in a pane with control F5 to sort by time.
It shows the latest modified file and folder at the top.

The issue I see is that when I return after an hour then a different file is being processed, and I expected the newest modified folder to be listed at the top - but TC keeps displaying the same folder at the top and a control R to re-read the drive doesn't change it.

If I use control B to list all files and then press enter to return to the normal view from the list of files, the folder at the top is the latest modified again.

Am I wrong to expect the latest modified folder position to change in the pane view?

EDIT:

I should clarify the process.

I am in d:\abc (yeah, really) and ffmpeg is encoding MP3 files into folders in d:\abc

Sometimes it will create a new folder with a file inside, often it will create a new file in one of the existing folders.

I'm viewing in d:\abc and expected the topmost folder to change to be the one where the most recent file is being processed.

It's not a real problem, but I thought Christian might want to know about it, if it is an unexpected behaviour.

Thanks
Mic
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I know it, but it would be very annoying if the folders would constantly change their positions when the date changes.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
foxidrive

Post by *foxidrive »

That may be so, but should a Control R (re-read disk) update the positions?