Pismo File Mount blocks network share login prompt

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Line40

Pismo File Mount blocks network share login prompt

Post by *Line40 »

When accessing a password protected SMB share while Pismo File Mount Audit is installed, Total Commander just displays an Access Denied Prompt instead of the normal login prompt.

I noticed that, when Pismo File Mount is installed, the Network-Tab under System Information shows Pismo File Mount as primary network, and Microsoft Terminal Services as secondary network.
When uninstalling Pismo File Mount, the primary network becomes Microsoft Terminal Services, and the secondary network becomes Microsoft Windows Network.
So I *think* it may be that while Pismo File Mount is installed, the network layer in TC does not try connecting through the Microsoft Windows Network anymore and therefore not display the login prompt.

Tested on Windows 8.1 Pro x64, with TC 8.01 64 bit (2012-08-03). I also confirmed the issue with 8.50, but I have only confirmed that the login prompt works again after uninstalling Pismo File Mount Audit with 8.01.

Cheers

Line40
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

TC just calls WNetAddConnection3 to show the connect dialog when there is an error accessing the share. It seems that Pismo breaks this function.

You can try to use the Explorer method to connect (via OLE2):

Please add the line
UseShellConnect=1

to your wincmd.ini, section [Configuration], then close and restart Total Commander.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com