8.52a x64 crash on: select files + Shift-Del + Esc

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mhanor

8.52a x64 crash on: select files + Shift-Del + Esc

Post by *mhanor »

Hello,

This type of crash I managed to reproduce today two times. I have 4 process memory dumps in total (3 saved today). The crash stack always looks the same and only standard Windows dlls are involved in the crash stack. Maybe it's not Total Commander's fault. I can provide a full process memory dump, if you need, but here a small one:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LFjoQAxESOd1pDNm9TZnJzcDA/view?usp=sharing

When it happens, the context is always the same. I select some files, type Shift+Del, select Yes (I'm not sure if by hitting the Enter key or by using the mouse), and immediately hit Escape, multiple times. All these steps happen very fast, starting with hitting the Shift+Del keys and ending with the Escape key. Because I still don't understand what I'm doing exactly and why (I know why I'm deleting the files, but I don't remember why I hit the Escape key), at the moment of the crash, now I can't reproduce it. I have the "Use Explorer delete method" option enabled.

Later edit: the crash occurs when I hit the Escape key, while the confirmation dialog closes, after confirming the deletion of the files.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will check it, thanks for the crash dump!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com