Path not followed correctly when browsing phone

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

al20878

Path not followed correctly when browsing phone

Post by *al20878 »

Hi,

I have a phone connected to my PC. The phone appears in the "computer" panel view alright. When I "enter" the phone folder folder(s), going deeper into the folder tree on the phone, instead of prefixing the path with parent folders, the path (shown up top the panel) replaces them at the root level:

so when I'm in [+]SAMSUNG900A->Phone->Books, the top line shows \\Books, which is an incorrect path.

Related or not, when I try to search anywhere under phone hierarchy, I get "Search path not found" (I'd understand if it genuinely complained about the path shown up top, because it is indeed incorrect).

What's also interesting is that sometimes, the path up top the panel is not changing at all! And it's quite reproducible: Using the drive pulldown, select drive "C:" (my case it always shows the root of the drive), then using the same pulldown, select the phone "drive" -- the path shown up top the panel won't change to the phone "drive" name ("SAMSUNG900A"), instead, it'd show "\". Begin descending into the folder hierarchy on the phone, the path will remain "\"...

Is that all by design?

If TC cannot search phones, won't that be better to show "Searching 'SAMSUNG900A' is not currently supported" instead of "Search path not found"?

Thanks,
AL
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Path not followed correctly when browsing phone

Post by *petermad »

2al20878
Access to the Phone via the drive combobox in TC is provided by Windows - like all other virtual folders are in TC. And it is limited what TC can with those virtual folders.

You can use the MediaAudio2 filesystem plugin <http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/wpdplug.zip> made by Christian Ghisler to access your phone in stead. And yes it does give access to most phones even despite its name. With this plugin you can search your phone - and it shows the path to subdirs.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Path not followed correctly when browsing phone

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, there is no function to get a complete path from virtual folders in Windows. I would have to go up the path and check for each component separately, but that would be slow.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com