Very slow (more than 1 minute) TC9 startup time

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gissehel2

Very slow (more than 1 minute) TC9 startup time

Post by *gissehel2 »

Hello,

This is not exactly a bug report, because it's not a bug (please move it to the section "TC Behaviour which will not be changed") but the description of a problem I have for months now, and that I took several hours today to solve, in order to let other people where to look.
This post is to be indexed be web search engines for futur reference.

For month now, TC is slower and slower to start. It takes more than 1 minute to start (and it's not the shareware think as I use a registered version).

Today I tried to solve it.

On the forum I found two reasons :
- Agressive antivirus
- Panel opened on a network disk

I've got none of the above. I use Everything as file indexer (if you use TC, you probably should look at wox+everything combo. Performant, usefull. Give a try. I wouldn't recommand it to anyone, but for people using tools like TC, really give them a try), so I tried to unactivate it, as well as things like dropbox, seafile, etc.

I desactivated lots of none vitale Windows services (I suppose now my computer runs faster).

I finally found where my problems lies.

I have a tendency to do in TC what I do with web browser, open tab, never close them. I had somehting like 600+ tabs on the left panel, and 800+ on the right one. I opened wincmd.ini with TC closed, remove both sections with tabs, and now TC is loads instantly.

To sumup, now there are 3 reasons for TC to be slow at startup :
- Agressive antivirus
- Panel opened on a network disk
- Too many tabs