Compare content highlight bleed

Please report only one bug per message!

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

(john)

Compare content highlight bleed

Post by *(john) »

Hello Christian,

I have noticed this issue which occurs when comparing 2 hash list files (eg: *.sha512) and wanted to bring it up since it does take a bit more time to proof the results with this anomaly.

Primarily I use sha512 but I believe that it also occurs with other types.

I am creating the .sha512 files with TC for a directory + subdirectories and all contents into a single .sha512 file, twice.

Basically doing a before and after on a programs installation directory -- first one done before a revision to the application, second one after an update. The compare file contents is to show what has changed between the two application revisions.

I can provide example files if you'd like me to email them. I was planning on attaching a couple images showing the issue here, but I don't see image attachment as a possibility.

Regards,
John
Hacker

Re: Compare content highlight bleed

Post by *Hacker »

(john),
E.g. https://postimages.org/ .

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
(john)

Re: Compare content highlight bleed

Post by *(john) »

Hi Roman,

I appreciate the suggestion and know of such services.

The issue however is reproducible by the many pair sets of checksum files, some which I have emailed.

If you simply wish to see the anomaly, it's a common occurrence when comparing two .sha512 files.