Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

biosek

TC Crashed when moving from one monitor to the other

Post by *biosek »

Code: Select all

---------------------------
Total Commander 9.22a
TWinControl.WMSize loop detected, the widgetset does not like the LCL bounds or sends unneeded wmsize messages: RightDrives:TMyComboBox BoundsRealized=l=-1,t=-1,r=2,b=21 NewBoundsRealized=l=-1,t=-1,r=1,b=21.
TWinControl.WMSize loop detected, the widgetset does not like the LCL bounds or sends unneeded wmsize messages: RightDrives:TMyComboBox BoundsRealized=l=-1,t=-1,r=2,b=21 NewBoundsRealized=l=-1,t=-1,r=1,b=21
Windows 10 Professional 10.0 (Build 18362), base: 0400000

Please report this error to the Author, with a description
of what you were doing when this error occurred!

Stack trace (x64):8461DD
845E99 40F4AD 84E240 842BD3 940761 880AC8 939490 
Press Ctrl+C to copy this report!
Continue execution?
Yes   No   
I just moved total commander from one monitor (4k) to the another monitor (full-hd) and it crashed like this. It never happened before and I was already moving TC between monitor before... The move was from maximized windows to the top of the screen on the second screen (to get it maximized on the other screen)

Here is how it looks rendered in that crash: https://i.imgur.com/QMQMMCX.png

After selecting Yes it makes TC "Not Responding", it responded for a second, but again "Not Responding" and the rendered image is still the same as in image.

I suspect it has something to do with redrawing whole TC, because of different pixel density. I already asked this question before. The move between monitors with different resolution makes TC lag for like a half a second before it redraws. But you said you won't fix that in the future. That might be the cause of this problem probably.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TC Crashed when moving from one monitor to the other

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The error means that the requested size for a control couldn't be realized repeatedly, resulting in an infinite loop.
According to the error message, it happens with the right drive combobox:
RightDrives:TMyComboBox BoundsRealized=l=-1,t=-1,r=2,b=21

Apparently it tried to resize it to only 3 pixels wide (r-l=3), which is impossible.

Could you play a bit with the settings in Configuration - Options - Layout, e.g. hide/show the drive combobox and drive button bar? Maybe you find a setting which works for you.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com