1. Set Configuration/Display/Use long names (recommended).
2. Set detail view.
3. Close TC.
4. Open TC.
5. Minimize the window.
Narrowed column look like Image: http://uzivatel919.sweb.cz/Narrowed%20name%20column.png.
Further more if I change the column width, the names appear.
Code: Select all
Which TC are we talking about, 32-bit or 64-bit?
With fresh.ini it is okay. It applies to 32 as well 64 bit v. but it seems it is somewhat configuration related.
If it is return, I will continue investigation and let you know.
I found that comments column view is simillar to what I was getting. Perhpas there was some issue I cannot truly understand for now.
I don't understand why you hid column headers and folder names on your screenshots. It's not helpful.
1. There may be a problem when resizing TC window or columns with "Adjust Tabs to window width" option turned on. TC recalculates column sizes and rounds them to integer values before saving. When you restart TC, it recalculates sizes again, as rounded values don't keep previous proportions. After several such iterations you may get Name column narrow as in your case. There may be similar problems when you use view with custom columns.
It looks like there is no such problem when you change "Tabstops" option to show file extension directly after filename.
2. There may be also some unpredictable effects if you keep wincmd.ini saved in default ANSI codepage and navigate to any folder with name in some foreign (accented) characters outside of that codepage. What is more, such effects may be seen depending on display card drivers. In this case you should convert your wincmd.ini to Unicode UTF-16. However, I think it's not your case, but who knows…
Andrzej P. Wozniak
1. I agree the calculation of column witdth could be the reason. Perhpas also there was some failure interchange between comments, detail and custom columns view.
2. I’ll keep in mind that encoding issue. If the issue returns, I’ll try that.
Note. You can check in new image that column is not narrowed when having these dots.
Now I can see the difference. It really may be a problem with broken wincmd.ini. If you can't see any strange characters in the file, you can play with your fresh.ini:
- Open wincmd.ini and copy the first section, it's [Configuration].
- Open fresh.ini in notepad, paste copied section and delete existing one. Save file as Unicode UTF-16.
- Close TC and open it again with fresh.ini, as described earlier.
If it's all OK, close TC, repeat copy-pasting for the next section, run TC once again with fresh.ini, etc.
If you can see the old problem, it's a problem with the last added section.
Andrzej P. Wozniak
- Site Admin
- Posts: 39734
- Joined: 2003-02-04, 09:46 UTC
- Location: Switzerland