fix Lister view mode in Quick View pane for series of files

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

leopoldus

fix Lister view mode in Quick View pane for series of files

Post by *leopoldus »

Is there any option to make Total Commander to remember last selected mode in Quick View pane?

To avoid misunderstanding I'll try to explain on the next example. Say, I need to view the series of 10 .HTML type files in Quick View pane. When I put the focus on the first file and press hotkey Ctrl+Q, Total Commander opens the file in QuickView pane with Lister in my default plugin for this type of files, say, HTMLView. Well, now I switch to Quick View pane and press key [1] in order to change the view mode to Lister's own [Text Only] mode.

Than I move to the next .HTML file... and Total Commander does open it again in the default mode for .HTML file, that is via plugin HTMLView. So I need to switch to Quick View pane and again press key [1]... And than again...

To avoid this senseless routine it would be nice to make Total Commander to apply (temporarily till the Quick View pane is on?? or for the selected files only??) the view mode I've selected manually for previous file.

Thanks in advance!
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

For this special case I added a shortcut to TC: "A+Q=cm_SrcQuickInternalOnly" which means ALT+Q as "use internal Lister without plugins"
#5767 Personal license
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

For this special case I added a shortcut to TC: "A+Q=cm_SrcQuickInternalOnly" which means ALT+Q as "use internal Lister without plugins
This command surely applies for Quick viewing the current file. But when you move focus in the source pane to the next file, Lister displays it according to its general settings, say, .HTM document via HTMLView plugin.

It seems, that I miss something essential. But what?
Gral
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Gral »

leopoldus wrote:
For this special case I added a shortcut to TC: "A+Q=cm_SrcQuickInternalOnly" which means ALT+Q as "use internal Lister without plugins
This command surely applies for Quick viewing the current file. But when you move focus in the source pane to the next file, Lister displays it according to its general settings, say, .HTM document via HTMLView plugin.

It seems, that I miss something essential. But what?
Newest version of TC?
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

2sqa_wizard
2Gral
Yes, you are right, sorry for my stupidness. The command cm_SrcQuickInternalOnly applies to the whole series of files till QuickView session is finished.

However it is not the only the thing, what I had in mind when started this topic. Actually I need to make Total Commander to display all files of the series without using plugins and in the same view mode, as I've selected for the first file of the series. Say, Options -> Text only for all files, even if some file is .HTML and should be displayed in the Lister's internal HTML viewer.
Balderstrom
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Balderstrom »

Seems like a reasonable enough request.

If one was using say IrfanView and you changed the View|Display Option to: Fit images to window ... then upon going to the next image it went back to it's prior Display Option: Fit Window to Image ---
That would be considered a bug.

It makes sense that QuickView should keep it's "state" until closed.
*BLINK* TC9 Added WM_COPYDATA and WM_USER queries for scripting.
leopoldus

Post by *leopoldus »

It makes sense that QuickView should keep it's "state" until closed.
I'd rather say, that there should be a way to select, whether Lister in QuickView pane has to remember the state/view mode assigned by a user manually for the previous file.

Or at least one need a special internal command, something like cm_SrcQuickTextModeOnly in order to display all files in Text only view mode regardless of the file extension and signature. (IMHO this option is the mostly needed if being compared with other cases.)

However the universal solution to stick all options of Quick View would be much better.