How to bulk delete items from FTP connections list?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mklusak

How to bulk delete items from FTP connections list?

Post by *mklusak »

Hi,

over the years my FTP connections list has grown to few hundred items ... but everytime I want to delete some old connections, TC asks me to confirm removing of each item. Then it takes 1-2-3 seconds of inactivity - list freezes before item dissapears. I know I can select multiple items while pressing CTRL key and bulk delete them - but TC asks me to confirm every deletion, with those 1-2-3 second delays between dialogs popping up.

It would be great to have some option to disable this confirmation popup... or is there any other way how to bulk remove items from FTP connections list?
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: How to bulk delete items from FTP connections list?

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

You could edit the wcx_ftp.ini file directly. Note that this is NOT the wincmd.ini!

To do this, in TC go into the menu "Configuration" -> "Change settings files directly". This will open two editors, one with wincmd.ini, and one with wcx_ftp.ini. (It's probably best to close the editor with wincmd.ini immediately to avoid any possibility of accidentally messing with the wincmd.ini.)

The [connections] section in the wcx_ftp.ini file lists all the configured connections. Each of those saved connections also has their own parameter section, with the section name being the connection/session name.

For each connection you want to delete, just remove their parameters section and the respective entry from the [connections] section.

Depending on the editor you use, perhaps make a backup of the ini file before you edit it. If you notice a mistake after saving the edited ini file, you might not find it funny to not have working backup of the ini file anymore ;)

(In case you are curious about all the settings in the wcx_ftp.ini file, just open TC's help and navigate to "Configuration and switches" -> "wcx_ftp INI settings")
mklusak

Re: How to bulk delete items from FTP connections list?

Post by *mklusak »

Hi elgonzo,

thank you for your reply, but I know about wcx_ftp.ini ... sadly it has almost 3000 lines and jumping between [connections] section and parameters sections won't be much more comfortable than just selecting bunch of items in the FTP Connections list and then lazily clicking confirmation dialog.

Well ... it looks like I can remove connection/session name from [connections] section, without removing its parameters section. It works then. But the file will be bloated with useless settings / parameters forever ...