Feature Suggestions

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

(john)

Feature Suggestions

Post by *(john) »

How about an option to auto-resize the chosen column when clicking on the column header?

EG: Clicking on the 'name header' for sorting up/down by name (or any other header in the panel view) would also auto resize the column to fit the longest or shortest item in the column -- when the option is enabled.

Additionally I figure this funtionality would be temporary only and not alter any saved tabstop settings.

Although I am in 1024 x 768 (about the smallest I can reasonably work with on a 17" monitor) I still find myself needing to fiddle with the column sizes quite a bit. Especially name and size columns.

Along the same line, I sure would like to see an integrated 1,3 & 4 panel feature.

ALSO.. :-) a separate save positions for each possible combination of the panels. I imagine there is a 'workaround' but it would be nice to have the panels adjust automatically when I change the combinations on the fly.

EG: going from FULL | FULL to TREE | FULL, etc etc would all have their own positions saved.
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

The problem you see is that TC does not currently support a horizontal scrolling bar (I’ve placed a wish on that) so you won’t really get any advantages with auto-resize since the column will be still limited by the fixed file list width. I believe that these two features (horizontall scrolling bar and auto-resize of columns) can only be implemented if they simultaneously coexist in your case.
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
on

Post by *on »

i think horizontal scrollbar would eat up space too.
there are too much bars and boxes on tc.
here's mine:
Image: http://vnet.hu/on/share/tc.png

i can reach all functions with keyboard shortcuts and i wish i could get rid off menubar.. i don't use that.