How to add Compare file with sudirectory recurse to toolbar

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

evanscott

How to add Compare file with sudirectory recurse to toolbar

Post by *evanscott »

All I want is to be able to compare a directory hierarchy directly from the toolbar without going thru the Commands.Synchronize Dirs.Compare sequence. I can get Compare Files via the cm_CompareDirs but I can't figure out what the equivalent of checking the subdirs checkbox is for this macro. Is this possible? Do the macros take arguments? If not is there some other way to achieve this?
Control Aich
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

All checkboxes' states are remembered for next invocations. Just check it and it will be always checked, unless you uncheck it again. Is this what you meant?
evanscott

Post by *evanscott »

Ummmmm, no I don' think so. Let me try it this way:

* I have a button on the toolbar that compares the directories in the Total Commander panes via cm_CompareDirs. It doesn't compare subdirectories however irrespective of whether the check box on the Commands.Synchronize dirs... dialogbox for subdir is checked or not.

* Although I could live with this solution (if it worked, which it doesn't), ideally the compare directories executed by the buttton on the toolbar would always do a complete directory tree compare and this would be independent of the state of the checkbox on the Commands.Sync dirs... dialogbox.

Does this make sense?[/b]
Control Aich
Valentino
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Valentino »

If I uderstood correctly your second point, you want to avoid clicking "Compare" button in Synchronize Directories dialog box? Rather you want to start compare process just by one click on a toolbar button?

About the first point. Commands (like cm_CompareDirs) doesn't take arguments. The only exception I know is cm_List, which accepts file name to view.

You say strange things: you set "Subdirs" checkbox on, then click "Compare", but subdirs aren't scanned? :shock: It works for me.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 20-06-2003 03:53:42 +0000 Valentino wrote:

V> Commands (like cm_CompareDirs) doesn't take arguments.

Not directly, but there are at least two "mediators" for this purpose - FTPOPEN and ZIPFROMLIST. So if it's possible to send cm_FtpConnect parameter connection name is, it would be logical to add such a "mediators" to some other commands like cm_SearchFor or cm_CompareDirs. May be some other "mediators" already exist we just don't know about %).[/face]
jb

Re: How to add Compare file with sudirectory recurse to tool

Post by *jb »

evanscott wrote:All I want is to be able to compare a directory hierarchy directly from the toolbar without going thru the Commands.Synchronize Dirs.Compare sequence. I can get Compare Files via the cm_CompareDirs but I can't figure out what the equivalent of checking the subdirs checkbox is for this macro. Is this possible? Do the macros take arguments? If not is there some other way to achieve this?
It seems to me that you confuse the cm_CompareDirs command (Mark\Compare Directories) with the cm_FileSync command (Commands\Sychronize Dirs...). But as far as I know also cm_FileSync does not take arguments. So probably you can not avoid the final click on the "Compare" button in the "Sychronize Dirs" dialog.