Newbie question about file attributes

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dthomas

Newbie question about file attributes

Post by *dthomas »

I'm brand new to TC and I love it. I just registered it.

I'd like to create a button on the tool bar that removes the read-only attribute from the selected file(s). I know I can do this through the File Attributes dialog, but I was hoping for a one-click solution, since I do this on a fairly regular basis (it's a long story :? ).

I've looked through the help and FAQs, and searched this board, but I haven't found anything that would help.

I was thinking that if this operation isn't directly supported, maybe there's some command that would let me run a batch file once for each selected file, or something like that? I'm a programmer, so if there's technically a way to do this, I'd be willing to try it!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dan Thomas
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

Have you tried to just put the command: "attrib"
And in parameters: "-r"

Then after selecting some files the operation will be done just for the files.

You can also add "?" as the first parameter i.e.: "? -r" - then you will be prompted for accepting the parameter "-r" or you will be able to change it for other one.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Get lst2multi from http://clubtotal.free.fr/tc_tools.html , add the lst2mlt.exe to TC's Button Bar, change the Parameters field to

Code: Select all

/X:attrib /B:-r /L:"%L"
. Then just select the desired files and press the button.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
dthomas

Post by *dthomas »

This worked great! Thanks!
Hacker wrote:Get lst2multi from http://clubtotal.free.fr/tc_tools.html , add the lst2mlt.exe to TC's Button Bar, change the Parameters field to

Code: Select all

/X:attrib /B:-r /L:"%L"
. Then just select the desired files and press the button.

HTH
Roman