Last minute feature suggestions for v6.0 of TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

I've suggestet something simular here (german) http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=1434
Homer

Post by *Homer »

Raymond wrote:
Homer wrote:It would be nice to have a possibility to change the file view to thumbnail.
It is difficult to manage files from digital devices like cameras or scanners which are usually in format imagexxx.jpg and you don't know the content.
Did you try select an image file and press Ctrl+Q? In case you didn't before.
And Imagine plugin is great for image files quick view.
This is a viewer, but thumbnail would be better for picking files.
outspoken

Post by *outspoken »

I use ACDsee for image viewing/manipulation.. ACDSee+TC is a great software combo. Main reason that I use ACDSee is you can use the mousewheel to scroll through images fast while viewing them in full size, then double-click them and get a thumbnail view of all images. Lots of other tools in it such as batch file resize and conversion.

If TC does get image thumbnails added to it, I will be turning that feature off.
Commander Registration #49478

Post by *outspoken »

I mentioned this before with SFV, but I remembers that File Search also stops you from using TC when it is running which is very annoying.

Suggestion:

- Allow more functions to run in the background or seperate from the main TC program (File Search, SFV mainly). Also if multiple File Search is available that would be helpful sometimes (with only one TC open).

Post by *Hacker »

As for the search - it currently can't be run in background because the packer DLLs aren't threadsafe. It has been suggested that the search might be threaded when searching without packers. IIRc Christian hasn't said anything about this, but I might be wrong.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
outspoken

Post by *outspoken »

feature suggestion update:

more FTP functionality with a more intuitive interface. =)

Post by *Blind »

Background ftp down-/up- loading.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Background ftp down-/up- loading.
That is already implemented. Just check the appropriate checkbox in the Copy dialog.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
sean

Right and left panel run in different threads..

Post by *sean »

Hi,

Don't know if this has been suggested but I would like the two directory panels be run in different threads. This would be very useful when it takes a while to load one panel you would not be locked out of the application.

Cheers.
Darien Fenn

Two wish list items

Post by *Darien Fenn »

This is one I've asked for before, but not on this forum: On Find Files, I usually want ot seach my local hard disk(s) only, so I usually have to select the "Drives" button, then "Local Hard Disks" then "OK". I do this so often the clicks add up.

What I'd like:
- Local Hard Disks as a hot botton (presses OK for you) = better
- A "Local hard disks" button below the "Drives" button = better yet
- A settable option to default to "Local hard drives" = best

Request 2: On Synchronize, sometimes on drive has a directory the other doesn't have, but I don't want synchronized. I want to be able to unselect the entore directory easily. [before you respond -- As I'm writing this, I'm thinking, :idea: have I tried a right click? Nope. I hadn't -- and when I tried it. it was just what I wanted. Not the first time Christian was one step ahead of me. I thought I'd leave the request in for your amusement.]
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I usually want ot seach my local hard disk(s) only, so I usually have to select the "Drives" button, then "Local Hard Disks" then "OK". I do this so often the clicks add up.
An alternative would be to press Tab and Down after typing the name you're searching for (presumed your previous search included your local disks).

HTH
Roman
tm

more of the same

Post by *tm »

things i'd like:

1. if you could set the title bar/window name text of each running commander separately. option to show current directory as suggested earlier would be nice too. imagine running 10 (ten) TC's ;)

2. keyboard shortcut to show/hide hidden files/directories

3. linux version ;) - that's absolutelly a must

thats all for now..
mhe

Re: more of the same

Post by *mhe »

tm wrote:things i'd like:
2. keyboard shortcut to show/hide hidden files/directories
That one is already possible. Just map "cm_switchhidsys" to your keyboard shortcut of choice.
configuration > options > misc > redefine hotkeys
Jonas

Re: more of the same

Post by *Jonas »

tm wrote:[...]
3. linux version ;) - that's absolutelly a must
[...]
search the forum... there are many threads about this. A brief summery: The systems are to differnt (driveletters, attributes, owners....) and some delphi-gui-classes used in TC aren't available in Kylix.
If you need something simular for Linux, try Krusader
tm

Post by *tm »

If you need something simular for Linux, try Krusader
yes, i know about those differences and such. simply i find all the commander-likes for linux should have at least 10 years of polishing and feature engineering ;)

anyway, thanks for a hint.