Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Blind

Setting default folders for plug-ins

Post by *Blind »

For example, i use the following folders for plug-ins:
d:\totcmd\wcx\ - for packers plugins
d:\totcmd\wlx\ - for lister plugins
d:\totcmd\wfx\ - for FS plugins

So when i add a new plug-in, i want the TC to go automatically to the corresponding directory into the Browse dialog.

Is there such possibility in the TC?
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

AFAIK not in TC 5.51 but in an other thread Christian said that he want to implement plguin-installing by double-clicking on it. This would make plugin installation a lot easyier but the problem is what to do if the plugin is in an archive. The suggestion was to copy the plugin (or all the conetnt of the .zip) into a dafault directory.
Many users use a dir-structure like you or something similar ("TC_DIR/plugins/lister/<pluginname>/*.wlx" or so). Therefor is has to be configurable. I'll try to find the coresponding thread...
Found!: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=11316#11316
Blind

Post by *Blind »

I think it would be great to make additional fields for the plug-ins folders selecting somewhere in the settings window. After installation these fields have default values (for example, d:\totcmd\plugins\). Later they can be changed by user.
So it will be possible to install plug-ins by double-clicking them. When a user double clicks the plug-in, the TC automatically tries to install this plug-in into corresponding folder. If the plug-in already exists in that directory, TC asks the user whether he wants to replace existing plug-in or to uninstall it.
How do you find it?
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

This method doesn't suits for plugins like Pop3Plugin or EventLog.
Blind

Post by *Blind »

This is only one of the possible ways of implementing plug-ins un/installation.
Of course, a man can write a super-ultra-mega-cool plug-in, which can't be installed easy, without any problems. In that case, i think, the author of a plug-in himself should invent the maximally easy and comfortable way of installation.
Jonas

Post by *Jonas »

VadiMGP wrote:This method doesn't suits for plugins like Pop3Plugin or EventLog.
If the author decides to give his plugin an .dll-extension instead of .wfx, .wlx or whatever it can still be installes manualy.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

Jonas wrote:If the author decides to give his plugin an .dll-extension instead of .wfx, .wlx or whatever it can still be installes manualy.
I meant:" If the user decides it should be able to install plugin manualy anywhere. :)