Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2kerem
Maybe this will help you:
http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=212636#212636

I didn't test it but creating user command and assigning it to custom keyboard shortcut should be enough for it.

Edited
Or use simple tool (AHK source included):
http://fenixproductions.dcmembers.com/tmp/tc/splitter.zip
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

kerem

Post by *kerem »

fenix, thanks for the tip. Sounds like what I need
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]2kerem&Sir_SiLvA: As for me, your discussion has some religious (i.e. pointless %) flavour. And here goes some, well, constructive baseline of this topic:

0. Eight years left and nothing done by Christian = hopeless [feature suggestion] %)
1. Situation with narrow panel space can be workarounded via Horizontal mode (as kerem mentioned).
2. As fenix_productions mentioned (hi dude!), there is workaround via external tool.
3. One can sacrificed Quick View mode for one panel full window mode: ^Q and then drug separator to 100/0 position.

And my choice is 2048x1152 23" monitor...[/face]
neverthelesshello

Post by *neverthelesshello »

@Fenix Productions how do you use Splitter?
I put a link to it on the toolbar but when I click it I just get the message "not enough parameters".
What you dont see is what you get!
fenix_productions
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fenix_productions »

2neverthelesshello
I use numbers as parameters:
source code wrote:; 1 - wide view
; 2 - wide view with thumbs
; 3 - 50%
; 4 - 50% + full view+
"When we created the poke, we thought it would be cool to have a feature without any specific purpose." Facebook...

neverthelesshello

oh I see If I want an icon pointing to the script on my toolbar I have to use 4 icons each with a different parameter. Well it works well though if there is a way to have 1 icon I would like to know how to do it.

It is cool though and thanks for making it as it does give me exactly what I wanted and more. :D
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

2neverthelesshello: try using ? in the parameter field of your button this way you can enter the disired parameter each time you click the button
Hoecker sie sind raus!
neverthelesshello

@Sir Sil VA
god there is still so much to learn about this program. Thanks for that info! Works great
So easy when you know how :roll:
nn1k3

Post by *nn1k3 »

Request for Fenix:
I would like to be able to toggle between modes 1 and 4 with a single command, for example "splitter.exe 5"

FYI I am grateful for "splitter" because some of my "custom columns views" have so many columns that I need single pane. A tooltip is nice but doesn't allow me to compare the file attributes of several files quickly.

BACKGROUND:
My wincmd.ini has these entries:
menu5=panels=one
cmd5=%COMMANDER_PATH%\splitter\splitter.exe 1
menu6=panels=two
cmd6=%COMMANDER_PATH%\splitter\splitter.exe 4
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *MVV »

nn1k3, TCFS2 allows to set any splitter position and to switch between them (with proper command line).
HerpMcDerp

Re:

Post by *HerpMcDerp »

pdavit wrote: 2003-02-20, 23:51 UTC Sorry I didn’t really get that feature! The magic of TC is the existence of two panels. The feature you need is already implemented by M$ and it’s called Explorer or should I say My Computer?! :D
I registered just to say you're an idiot. TC has TONS of useful features that you can enable/disable, use or not use. Using windows File Explorer is in no way comparable to using TC with one pane. For instance, I want tabs. That's the main reason I installed TC. The second pane is *completely* useless to me.

Oh well. It's 15 years later and it looks like Microsoft is going to add tabs to explorer before TC adds a "single pane" option. So I'm uninstalling TC.
Hacker

Re: [feature suggestion] One panel only

Post by *Hacker »

HerpMcDerp,
I want tabs. That's the main reason I installed TC. The second pane is *completely* useless to me.
Oh well. It's 15 years later and it looks like Microsoft is going to add tabs to explorer before TC adds a "single pane" option.
You certainly know you can minimize the second pane and never have to use it.
I registered just to say you're an idiot.
You really didn't have to register just to insult someone 15 years later, so, you are now banned.

Hacker (Moderator)
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
polle452

Post by *polle452 »

MENUITEM "Center &Panel Divider", 909
MENUITEM "Panel Divider &100% Towards Destination", 910

these 2 lines are copied from Petermad's extended menus.
They (909/910) are referenced in the *.inc file and in help under the 'Divider' in part 2 of the WINCMD.INI listings.
Olfert

Post by *Olfert »

Why not use the internal commands "cm_100Percent" and "cm_50Percent"? They do resize a panel to 100% and 50%... I use that myself on keyboard shortcuts a lot as I often has lots of ekstra columns displayed that doesn't fit in the normal panel size...
Ralph

Post by *Ralph »

I combine the 100% and Vertical Panels commands, because I want to keep my usual column locations. I want the file type, size, date, and attribute fields to be placed against the right-hand side of each panel, whether the divider is horizontal or vertical.

I redefine hotkeys F8 and F9 to give "one" panel and two panels. (As you know, when only one panel is visible, the other panel still is present; for example, I can copy a file to the other panel. A mouse click on F8 ignores the remapped keyboard, and performs a Delete.)

Below, usercmd.ini specifies my combined commands. The [user-defined command names] suggest the commands that will be invoked. I rarely use the buttons; wcmicons.dll is the default.

usercmd.ini
[em_cm_100Percent,cm_VerticalPanels]
button=wcmicons.dll
cmd=cm_100Percent,cm_VerticalPanels
[em_cm_50Percent,cm_VerticalPanels]
button=wcmicons.dll
cmd=cm_50Percent,cm_VerticalPanels

wincmd.ini
[Shortcuts]
F8=em_cm_100Percent,cm_VerticalPanels
F9=em_cm_50Percent,cm_VerticalPanels