quick change up folder

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ra

quick change up folder

Post by *ra »

I would like to control the pop up menu that open a dialog of "Add current dir" and "configure" when clicking the mouse on the line above sorting the files that it will work in a different way (maybe allow to configure the action when clicking on this location or using another key with the mouse like ctrl).
The way that I would like to see is that when I'm inside several folders and I click a folder that is some folders above I can move to this folder immediate.
Jonas

Re: quick change up folder

Post by *Jonas »

ra wrote:... when I'm inside several folders and I click a folder that is some folders above I can move to this folder immediate.
This was already requestet a few time.... indeed it would be very usefull to access upper folder by (ctrl-)clicking on them in the bar with the curred path.
j.x

Post by *j.x »

I also like the idea, but meanwhile I use ctrl-PageUp that is a very quick way to step up with.
Another feature I just found ( :oops: ) is that you can slow-click on the path, then the whole path gets selected. Now you can delete / modify all of it as you like! So if you are a mouse user, it's quite quick to select the part you want to "remove", hit delete and enter... (more about it in the help file).
Using Windows without Total Commander is like driving a car without a steering wheel!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2j.x

I use Backspace to go to one level up.
j.x

Post by *j.x »

Lefteous wrote:2j.x I use Backspace to go to one level up.
OK, but it doesn't always work as well as ctrl-PageUp... (ie Quick Search box open), and it's a logical "opposite" to ctrl-PageDown :wink:
Using Windows without Total Commander is like driving a car without a steering wheel!
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2j.x

you can assign a hotkey of your choice to cm_GoToParent.
jb

Re: quick change up folder

Post by *jb »

Jonas wrote:
ra wrote:... when I'm inside several folders and I click a folder that is some folders above I can move to this folder immediate.
This was already requestet a few time.... indeed it would be very usefull to access upper folder by (ctrl-)clicking on them in the bar with the curred path.
Yes, that would be a very nice feature. Once it was discussed in topic "New function: hyperlinks in panels titles".