Sorting the Directory Hotlist?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jvalks

Sorting the Directory Hotlist?

Post by *jvalks »

Is it possible to implement a 'sort directory hotlist' option for the next version?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can already sort the hotlist with Shift+cursor keys, or with drag&drop in the "change hotlist" dialog. Or do you mean automatic sorting, e.g. by name?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
fabiochelly
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *fabiochelly »

What about this idea: when I want to add a new shortcut in my hotlist, instead of showing an editbox only, it would be great to have a list of the existing "parent items" of the hotlist to automatically add the new shortcut as a submenu item (like IE favorites works)
Fabio Chelly.
Lorsqu'on s'occupe d'informatique il faut faire comme les canards...
Paraître calme en surface et pédaler comme un forcené par en dessous
pdavit
Power Member
Power Member
Location: Kavala -> Greece -> Europe -> Earth -> Solar System -> Milky Way -> Space

Post by *pdavit »

TC’s internal directory hotlist configuration is powerful enough and in addition we have this: http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/widimec/

The automatic shorting and the IE style bookmarking of subdirs sounds nice I can admit! We should though have the ability to have the list in the order the individual user wants in addition (as it is now). What I mean is that automatic shorting should not eliminate the current behaviour but it should be an alternative, IMHO!
"My only reason for still using M$ Window$ as an OS is the existence of Total Commander!"
Christian Ghisler Rules!!!
jvalks

Post by *jvalks »

Ooops! I missed the option with shift+cursor to move items in the hotlist, sorry and thank you all for the info!