Make option do not hide selection focus while TC lost focus

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

stristan

Make option do not hide selection focus while TC lost focus

Post by *stristan »

When TC is unfocused the current selection is invisible. Please add option above
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

History.txt wrote:04.11.11 Release Total Commander 8.0 public beta 8 (32/64)
03.11.11 Added: (experimental): wincmd.ini [Configuration] InactiveFocus=1: show focus in inactive panel (or InactiveFocus=RGB value for setting the color manually) (32/64)
Help 4.b wincmd.ini wrote:InactiveFocus=0 Set to 1 or RGB value (see description of BackColor below) to show cursor in the target panel too. Accepts hex in form $BBGGRR.
Add $1000000 = dashes, $2000000=dashes/dots, $3000000=solid frame
HTH
Holger
umbra
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *umbra »

InactiveFocus=1
Interesting, I didn't know it works that way. Is that behavior even intentional or just a side-effect?
Windows 7 Pro x64, Windows 10 Pro x64
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

The primary request was about a visualization of the last cursor position if TC itself has no focus:
Current item highlighting in the last active panel
So i guess that it's more a side affect that the inactive panel of the focused TC shows a cursor rectangle. :wink:
The difference between the active non focused panel and inactive non focused panel can only be determined by the color of the path field above the panels.
BTW: Best to use with inverted cursor, otherwise it may be hard for keyboard user to recognize which of the two panels has the focus.

Regards
Holger
stristan

Post by *stristan »

Thanks, guys, the InactiveFocus setting is solved my problem
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

[mod]Moved to English forum.

White (moderator)
[/mod]
Perplexer

Re: Make option do not hide selection focus while TC lost focus

Post by *Perplexer »

InactiveFocus=0 Set to 1 or RGB value (see description of BackColor below) to show cursor in the target panel too.
I'm not sure I understand what is meant here. "to show cursor in target panel too" ? What if I don't want it to show in the target panel, but only in the source panel ? Is that possible? So I want to see a border around the currently selected file/folder in the SOURCE panel when TC is out of focus.

With "InactiveFocus=1" I see the last selected objects in both panels, but I only want to see it highlighted in the source one. Possible ?
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

2Perplexer
What if I don't want it to show in the target panel, but only in the source panel ? Is that possible?
Just move the panel's separator to 100% position.
Perplexer

Post by *Perplexer »

*ts4242, you don't get the context. I'm asking about the cursor highlight when TC is not focused. I used InactiveFocus=1 so that the cursor on the selected object is still highlighted when TC is not focused, but it is highlighted in both the source and target panels. I am wondering if it is possible to see the object highlighted only in the sourc panel.
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Perplexer wrote: 2018-11-12, 00:52 UTCI am wondering if it is possible to see the object highlighted only in the sourc panel.
No, it is not possible.
ActiveTitle can help a bit to distinguish source and target panel, also if you want to work with only one panel use this command cm_100Percent
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Perplexer,
I'm not sure I understand what is meant here. "to show cursor in target panel too" ? What if I don't want it to show in the target panel, but only in the source panel ?
Set InactiveFocus=0.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.