SkyDrive: ignore 'Please remove the write protection!'

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wisekat

Re: SkyDrive: ignore 'Please remove the write protection!'

Post by *wisekat »

I do not agree with your algorithm that enumerates file/folders to build the sync list. For me, the parameter name 'SyncHideHiddenSystem' implies that both folders and files are processed, and I hope the vast majority of users will agree with me. There is no mention of item type (file or folder) in the name 'SyncHideHiddenSystem', and it's illogical that it concerns only files.
If you worry about the performance, I think it is not the case in the modern world. Moreover, if we can exclude hidden folders from processing, the algorithm will work even faster in the general case as some folders will be ignored together with all their subfolders and files.

Thank you for the tip with the "*.* | folder1\" exclusion filter. It works, even if we save a sync profile and use it later with TC launched from the command line. However, it would be nice have a built-in parameter to filter out hidden folders and set it up once for all cases instead of adding folders to exclude manually every time when they appear in the synchronized folders. Is there a chance to see this enhancement in the future versions of TC?