How about a dark GUI for TC?

English support forum

Moderators: sheep, Hacker, Stefan2, white

Thany

Re: How about a dark GUI for TC?

Post by *Thany » 2019-02-27, 08:44 UTC

Usher wrote:
2019-02-20, 13:16 UTC
Windows XP is still supported by MS Visual Studio (after installing XP toolset).
So? There's loads of software that supports XP. Fact of the matter is that XP is deprecated. Obsolete. Microsoft has ended support for it completely. We must not try to make things work on XP. If it just so happens to work on XP, grats. But please stop putting effort in an OS that is almost 17 years old.

Usher

Post by *Usher » 2019-02-27, 13:35 UTC

I don' understand your aggression. I'm talking about facts rather than about biased opinions and Microsoft FUD:
  1. If anything is still in (common) use, it means that it's still useful, no matter how you call it.
    MS-DOS is still in use. Disgusting, isn't it? ;-P
  2. If you want to present consistent opinions, you should mention that Total (Windows) Commander is as old as MD-DOS and is also still in use.
    It's complete madness, right?
  3. (My opinion) I'm pretty sure you will soon start to seed similar FUD about Windows 7 like MS marketing stuff or paid MS advocates do…
    (Fact) But if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  4. Most people don't need a laser gun to kill mosquitoes. They don't start to build laser fences because you said so.
  5. If you don't like Windows XP, just make your own way and let other people live on their own.
    The former is your own choice, the latter is none of your business.
Now I'm giving up. Do you really must have the last word?
Regards from Poland
Andrzej P. Wozniak

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) » 2019-02-27, 13:46 UTC

Microsoft still keeps XP patched for paying business customers by the end of 2019. Furthermore, XP isn't a security risk if the computer isn't connected to the Internet. I know of some companies who still run machines with DOS(!) computers. That's why I continue to support even Windows 95 and NT.
Author of Total Commander
http://www.ghisler.com