New forum software TEST

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Last edited by HolgerK on 2018-07-15, 18:35 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Make our planet great again
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

2Hacker
Doesn't your browser show the available RSS feeds? Anyway, according to my Firefox, the feed address for new topics is https://www.ghisler.ch/phpBB3/app.php/feed/topics and the general address is without the /topics at the end.

PS: Oh, too slow.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

HolgerK,
Thank you.

Dalai,
Doesn't your browser show the available RSS feeds?
Thank you, seems I had to add the icon through the Customize option.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
carvicer

Post by *carvicer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Test phase 2: In addition to the test forum, there is now a second, into which I have imported all the posts and users from the old forum testweise:
https://www.ghisler.ch/phpBB3r/

The test forum is set to "read only". With this one you can test whether the login works, and try out features like the search.

As soon as everything works, I will delete the database, set the old forum to read-only, and re-import.

Please test!

A known bug of the import script: All user languages are reset to English. I will try to change the script there before converting again.

It works for me.
Best regards from Barcelona, Spain
Backup not found .. : (R)etry, (A)bort, (P)anic
nsp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *nsp »

login, user panel, forum works fine for me except that the red color with back theme is not reallly readable (at least for my eyes).
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
The new RSS feeds look a bit different to the old ones - there is no Author / Subject / Posted header and there is some weird Statistics footer. Also, not 100 % sure, but appending ?c=500 to the URL does not seem to work, either.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The new RSS feed is part of phpBB3, while the old one was a mod installed by myself.

The "Statistics" footer can be disabled via board settings, but then the author isn't shown at all.

I couldn't find which parameters the feeds support yet, sorry.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I will update the forum software to phpBB3 on Sunday. Of course it will still be possible to make forum modifications after that day.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

I'd welcome if the new RSS feed could be adjusted to look like the old RSS feed. The old one looks better and my RSS reader can parse the author of the posts (which is not the case with the new one).
Also I'd appreciate to know if the parameter ?c=500 can be used, otherwise I could be missing posts (since I don't use a web RSS reader but a program on my PC which is not always online).

Thanks
Roman
brahman

Post by *brahman »

When I currently would like to thank someone in this forum for their help in solving a problem, I have to write a new post.

It would be much easier and more rewarding to all to have a "Thank You" button on each post.

I would like to suggest this as a new feature.
Regards, Brahman
Win10 Pro x64
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

brahman,
That'd be nice.

Roman
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New forum software TEST

2Hacker
The new board now supports the "Smartfeed" extension. There is a link in the title to configure it, and get a custom feed URL with your preferred options. It has many more options than the default phpbb3 feed.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Christian,
Yes, I saw it, will test it, thank you!

Roman
Samuel
Power Member
Power Member

Re:

Post by *Samuel »

Samuel wrote: 2018-07-14, 20:04 UTC Could you please consider to include the redesigned TC discs for the discs (Junior Member, Member, Senior Member, Power Member, Site Admin) and the header logo?

Mockup: design.png
Files: design.zip
Could you at least use the TC discs?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, changed for the ranks! I cannot change it for the title because the theme requires a fixed size.