With separator at 100% & "half window", keep p

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: With separator at 100% & "half window", keep p

Post by *MVV »

Sorry, you can't move separator automatically when you resize TC window.

However if you need this only when you resize TC window, you can use some custom tools to reduce TC window size and set separator position at once.

E.g. this TCSF2 command reduces window size to 50% and sets separator to 100%:

Code: Select all

TCFS2 /ef "move(, , # / 2, ) run_item(set_separator, 100)"
This TCSF2 command reduces window size according to separator position and sets separator to 100%:

Code: Select all

TCFS2 /ef "move(, , # * sepPos / 100, ) run_item(set_separator, 100)"
You can also make a command that will enlarge active panel (examples only enlarge left one), and make a switch command that will resize window back if active panel width is set to 100%.
MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Re: With separator at 100% & "half window", keep p

Post by *MVV »

Hm, it seems that I misunderstood you, sorry. I use brief view mostly, so didn't notice this behaviour.

Now I see the problem, when I move separator from 50% to 100%, columns don;t change their widths, but if I reduce window width then, columns are reduce their width too, so the panel look quite differently with 50% separator in 1000px width window and with 100% separator in 500px width window.

I'm sure it is a bug, it seems that TC calculates column widths from TC window width, not from panel widths which fully depend on separator position. When I move separator, column widths are kept, but when I resize window, they change.

You should either report this as a bug in bugs subforum, or ask moderators to move this topic there...