Warning: vendor/ text-formatter/ Utils.php DOMDocument::loadXML() out of allowed range in Entity PCDATA + invalid Char

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

3ICE

Warning: vendor/ text-formatter/ Utils.php DOMDocument::loadXML() out of allowed range in Entity PCDATA + invalid Char

Post by *3ICE »

Hi,

I executed a rather generic search on this forum; search.php?keywords=msi

It spewed a couple warnings at the top of the page:
PCDATA invalid Char value 65534
Char 0xFFFE out of allowed range in Entity
(0xFFFE is 65534 of course)

Anyway, I've never seen such messages in my other searches so I thought I'd report it. Probably a phpBB bug, but I have not encountered it on my own phpBB forum yet. Not sure if we have to just update phpBB to get rid of it, or maybe pass this bug report along to them. I'm only passing it on to you, for now.

To investigate, I opened all fifteen results, but none of them have the same error. So I can conclude that only the search results page is affected.

I also checked all 25 pages of results, only the first page has the warnings. Must be one of those first 15 posts. One containing some kind of UTF16-kind of char that's getting split wrong.

Full debug info follows:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Utils.php on line 76: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Char 0xFFFE out of allowed range in Entity, line: 276
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Utils.php on line 76: DOMDocument::loadXML(): PCDATA invalid Char value 65534 in Entity, line: 276
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Utils.php on line 76: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Char 0xFFFE out of allowed range in Entity, line: 284
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Utils.php on line 76: DOMDocument::loadXML(): PCDATA invalid Char value 65534 in Entity, line: 284
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Utils.php on line 76: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Char 0xFFFE out of allowed range in Entity, line: 290
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Utils.php on line 76: DOMDocument::loadXML(): PCDATA invalid Char value 65534 in Entity, line: 290
3ICE
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Warning: vendor/ text-formatter/ Utils.php DOMDocument::loadXML() out of allowed range in Entity PCDATA + invalid C

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Looks like one of the posts contains a bad Unicode character 0xFFFE, which would be the byte order marker. I cannot find which post either, sorry.

Moderator message from: white » 2023-02-02, 12:49 UTC

Post identified and characters removed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com