Preview Files Very Slow

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

fc62

Re: Preview Files Very Slow

Post by *fc62 »

Hello, Unfortunately today the problem of very slow preview of files with Ulister has reappeared again without having done any kind of intervention on the PC. Until last night everything was perfect and today again the problem. I had an image copy of the hard disk C of 10 days ago and I installed it but incredibly the problem has not been solved. It seems therefore that the problem is not related to a setting of the PC. I then disconnected the PC from the internet via wireless and the problem was solved immediately, but as soon as I reconnect the wireless the problem occurs again (Only with Ulister).
I also add another symptom: if in a directory I have many files, only the first one selected takes a long time to show the preview, after which all the others are very fast. However, if I go out and go back to the directory or change directory, the problem reoccurs.
The strange thing is that I'm connected to a home line that has been the same for months and I can't explain what differences there may be between yesterday and today. However, since the problem seems to be related to the internet connection, is there any setting that I can change to speed up Ulister when the problem occurs again? Why does only Ulister slow down the prewiev? Any other suggestion?
Thanks for your help!!!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

fc62,
Just a shot in the dark - perhaps an antivirus program is sending the fingerprint of the file being opened to the cloud for virus checks and delays the execution until it receives a response? Might explain the internet connection... erm, connection.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
fc62

Post by *fc62 »

Hi, I'm not sure that it's an antivirus problem, because I didn't make any variation on the antivirus software, so it's not explained why the problem occurs suddenly without any external intervention.
I add a further symptom: this morning I used the PC in the company and the problem has been solved: at this point I wonder: which iterations there are between Ulister and the setting of Internet connection? Because only this is different between the conditions of use of the PC between last night and now.
Moreover I use Ulister to display mainly only some types of files (pdf, msg, and all those of the office package); can I try to set the setting of Ulister on a limited number of extensions? Will it benefit me?
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

fc62 wrote: 2018-10-29, 11:04 UTC Hi, I'm not sure that it's an antivirus problem, because I didn't make any variation on the antivirus software, so it's not explained why the problem occurs suddenly without any external intervention.
I add a further symptom: this morning I used the PC in the company and the problem has been solved: at this point I wonder: which iterations there are between Ulister and the setting of Internet connection? Because only this is different between the conditions of use of the PC between last night and now.
Moreover I use Ulister to display mainly only some types of files (pdf, msg, and all those of the office package); can I try to set the setting of Ulister on a limited number of extensions? Will it benefit me?
Anti-Virus programs are updating their rules and files in the background
so your system changes of course all the time without your knowledge.
ULister makes no internet connections and I guess your affected systems are having some other problem.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Dalai »

Well, it's also possible that the document contents make an internet connection, or at least make ULister slow when there is an internet connection available.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2fc62
Hi, I'm not sure that it's an antivirus problem, because I didn't make any variation on the antivirus software
Did you try to disable your anti-virus program temporarily, to see if it makes a difference?
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
fc62

Post by *fc62 »

Yes I try to disable antivirus and I did also more because I completely unistalled Antivirus (Just to be 100% sure to don't have any interaction), but the problem remained. What it's really strange is that the problema appears suddenly and I don't understand which conditions have changed.
fc62

Post by *fc62 »

Dalai wrote: 2018-10-29, 14:21 UTC Well, it's also possible that the document contents make an internet connection, or at least make ULister slow when there is an internet connection available.

Regards
Dalai
The documents don't contains any link or something related to internet connection, also because are various type of documents (pdf, doc, xls, msg, ecc.)
Usher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Usher »

fc62 wrote: 2018-10-30, 09:40 UTCI completely unistalled Antivirus
You cannot uninstall Windows Defender in Windows 10, and if you uninstall any third party antivirus, built-in Windows Defender will be re-enabled by default.

Or maybe it's the Oracle package that phones home for update?
Andrzej P. Wozniak
Polish subforum moderator
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

Usher wrote: 2018-10-30, 11:51 UTC
fc62 wrote: 2018-10-30, 09:40 UTCI completely unistalled Antivirus
You cannot uninstall Windows Defender in Windows 10, and if you uninstall any third party antivirus, built-in Windows Defender will be re-enabled by default.

Or maybe it's the Oracle package that phones home for update?
There are no update checks in the Oracle viewer software.
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3447)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.3, Listary Pro 6.3.0.73
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64